While it may seem like you just spent $15 a new Call of Duty: Black Ops DLC map pack, be prepared to fork up another $15 for the DLC entitled: Annihilation. The first map pack launched by Treyarch for Black Ops was First Strike (launched on February 1, 2011), and its predecessor came months later, with the title: Escalation (released on May 3, 2011).
Like clockwork, Treyarch released its third map pack. Annihilation comes with a skew of maps, five to be exact, that enable gamers to further their skills. With four new multiplayer maps, and a new groundbreaking zombie map, Annihilation is the one map pack you should definitely get.
The following maps were released yesterday, June 28, by Treyarch exclusively to Xbox Live members. However do not be alarmed fellow PSN users, this map pack should be released sometime late July…
* “Hangar 18,” located in the highly classified military base of Area 51, where gamers will fight through experimental weapons labs, the SR-71 test hangar and a mysterious autopsy room.
* “Drive-In,” where players experience close-quarters combat through a 1960’s American Drive-In theater, complete with a snack shack and a classic arcade.
* “Silo,” where-in gamers can infiltrate a massive secret Soviet nuclear missile site under construction within a multi-level battleground.
* “Hazard,” located on the cliff sides of Cuba, gamers can explore a coastal golf course fit for a Dictator, where stocked clubhouses and manicured fairways meet snipers hidden in sand traps.
* “Shangri-La,” the all-new Zombies experience, transports players into a mythical paradise overrun with the undead. Our Heroes will come face-to-face with new species of zombies and navigate through a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, all set within a legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle.